Thursday 5 February 2009

January highlights

I haven't updated my blog for a month now, so I decided it was high time to do so.

Without further ado here is a run-down, in no particular order, of my January highlights.

1.

Work placement at Thompson. Sweeeet. Well, kind off - I was supposed to do a week, but was ill for Monday and Tuesday so it turned into three days. It was smart to see the people I hadn't seen since summer, as well as the two new guys that had started. Equally as good was seeing the final version of the Metal books - You Are Here.

PHOTO


2.

Going to Amsterdam (for the culture, not the drugs and hookers...) with my lovely girlfriend Cat. This gave me an excuse to get some footage on the 8mm cine camera my sister got me for Christmas (watch this space for a video). Here is a photo of me on a big boat in Amsterdam - and not a space cake in sight.




3.

Speaking to Si Scott. He came into college with Danny Sangra and talked us through some of their work. Both really cool, down to earth guys. The highlight of this highlight was showing Si some of my work and getting the response 'It was you that did that? I've seen that before. It's nice' to the first piece of work that I showed him - one of the outcomes to my last module (below). Psyched!


4.

Being featured on the Hot Grads section of Character Creative's website. Cheers chaps!

5.

On Tuesday I started an internship at the Ultimate Holding Company in Manchester, doing 2 days a week. It should be really good, they are involved in the more 'ethical' side of graphic design as well as doing a lot of interesting art projects. Here is my favorite piece of design work by them - poster and flyer artwork for Climate Camp (hopefully I'll be attending the next one of these).




Highly Commended

Oh yeah, these also came back from the printers - they may look plain (and they are) - but this was the first time I actually designed a 2 colour print job, so go me.

Photobucket



Cheers big ears,

X.

No comments: