Tuesday 23 February 2010

Marketing Excellence Awards

Me, Merlin and Chloe (from Leeds College of Art) journeyed down to the big smoke on Wednesday to attend the CIM: Marketing Excellence Awards that our prospectus had been nominated for. None of us had really been to anything like that before, so we were all quite excited – I was especially excited about the 4 course silver service dinner.

Merlin, Chloe and me

I have to say a good time was had by all – free champagne and funny words by Mock The Week's Hugh Dennis definitely went down well. I thought I would have to make polite conversation which smarmy marketing executives, but the people we were sat with all seemed really nice. Wearing a spazzy tuxedo wasn't even as bad as I thought it would be.

Hugh Dennis

However, the food (which, if you were paying attention, was what I was most excited about) was crap. You would think that paying over £200 for a ticket and informing them in advance that you were a vegan would ensure a pretty good meal. It didn't. A few salad leaves for a starter, and no dessert at all (although the waitress seemed convinced the dessert she had brought me was vegan until I asked her if she was sure twice, after which she admitted that she didn't have a clue).

Oh, and in case you're wondering... no, we didn't win. O well, we still had a good evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All pizza places of USA http://pizza-us.com/maryland/Baltimore/Champion%20Pizza%20&%20Fried%20Chicken/21215/

Find your best pizza.