Friday 25 April 2008

302 Briefs

I have pretty much finished the Dig for Sanity posters. I'm pretty pleased with them. There is a possability that they could be used in the Isle of Man to promote allotments, but we'll have to wait and see.





This is the logo I made.



I want to change it at some point because it looks quite sinister. It could be for a Goth band or something........



So yeah, I should probably do something about that.

That brief was the first out of 3 briefs that we had to choose ourself. I have just started the second one - Orphans for Sale, which is an Oxfam brief about promoting international orphan adoption. I wasn't sure whether I think that adopting orphans from other countries is a good thing or not. Surly the amount of money it would cost could be put to better use to help the whole community, and if a couple really want to adopt they can do it without having to bring a small child into a community that is alien to them. But I came to the conclusion that conditions of orphans in some places is so desperate that doing anything is helpful. So.....

Here is the working front of what would a small 148mm x 148mm leaflet that folds out to 148mm x 445mm.



I got one of Frost's books - *Sorry Trees - out of the library t'other week. Its brilliant. I think that I had this leaflet for the Give & Take Exhibition on my mind when I was making mine.



I got Simon (www.merlinmason.co.uk/simonwhitlock) to send me one of his photos of a child living on a land fill site, that I think he took in Vietnam. He has some really nice photos, you should check out his 'mini-site'.



I think that this will go on the back of the leaflet. In total there will be 6 'pages' (3 on each side). After the front, and the back, there will be 4 'pages' left. On these pages I will put the sections What, Why, Where and How.

Anyways, thats about it.

X.

No comments: