Thursday 8 May 2008

3D and the like

I have finished the Humane Traffic brief. Here is the updated front cover and screen grabs from InDesign. Ill post pictures when I can find some good double sided stock to print it on.





Me, Cat, Merlin and his Norfolk friend Ryan went to the Media Museum in Bradford. It was pretty good, the best thing however was watching Lions 3D at the IMAX. This lead on to me looking into stereograms -3D images.

I started by trying to make some Magic Eye style autostereograms. Here is the very first one I did, when you focus your eyes behind the image your brain overlaps the repeat patterns, and the difference in distance between the repeats fools your brain into seeing depth. In a nutshell.



Here is a similer thing, but using a photo of some Hyde Park grass (you might have to look pretty close to the screen):



And a slight variation, using one repeat pattern but making it closer together using the warp tool on Photoshop, to create a nice 'bulge'.



Here, I tried to make an exclamation mark. It kind of works but needs a bit more work.



I am still experimenting with making more complex shapes (with out using 3D software because that would be cheating)

I have also started playing around with 3D photos. Get some 3D glasses and look at these





If you haven't got a pair of 3D glasses to hand (then why not...?), you will just have to believe me that they look quite good.

It is just 2 pictures taken 5cm apart and layed over each other on diffent colour channels. These only work in RGB, but I am experimenting with making CMYK versions so that they will work when digitally printed.

I think thats all.

Cya round, like a circle.

X

No comments: