Sunday 25 January 2009

First Post

I have pretty much decided on the subject of my FMP.

I want to look at asylum seekers and immigrants as these are areas that cause a lot of genuine concern and fear amongst the British population, mainly because there is little factual information available to the public. This lack of information results in the spreading of myths and lies, and ultimately the persecution of refugees and immigrants, the increased popularity of the BNP, and the attemps of other political parties to prove that they take a 'tough stance' on the issue.

I want to produce something objective that will inform people about the true facts of the issue. I do not intend to promote a certain point of view or solution - it is still a complicated issue with no clear answer of what is best to do - just try and encourage people to view it with intelligence and objectivity.

What better way to kick of my FMP blog than to show a video. This was posted on the BNP website, mocking liberals (it is interesting to note the use of the terms 'red' or 'communist' when describing liberals in fascist propaganda) and the government, accusing them of not allowing free speech, and comparing them to the Soviets. The British Nationalst are shown as kind, caring, down-to-earth folk.



Enjoy, and try not to get converted - I nearly was...

No comments: