Sunday 20 January 2008

Elephant Poo and Dinosaurs

I recently bought a note book made out of elephant dung. The paper is quite nice, and i decided to check out the company, The Tropical Paper Company, as I have been looking for recycled stock to use for the final printing of The Acoustic Coffee Shop stuff.

I ordered a random pack of 30 sheets of paper, I was disappointed that there wasn't
any board, and that a lot seemed for 'novel' than of any use, but some were still quite interesting.

Heres some scans from some of the good ones.



Recycled Bank Note Paper (I think)


Hair Paper (I think)


Really worth checking out if your after recycled, or just strange, paper.


I started putting together a website yesterday - kylebibby.co.uk Heres some screen grabs of what I've done so far.

Click to Enter



Main Page



I discovered the Fudge Studios website last night. They are a design studio in Bolton. I quite like their work, escpecially the logo design, some really simple but clever ideas.





I have also been working on a DVD interface (for college). Its a DVD about dinosaurs, by a fictional company called 'Fun Factory'.



I tried making the word 'fact' stand out from factory, and my target audience is 'snotty 10 year olds that like playing with worms'/'the type of kid that reads 'Horrible Histories''/Monkey Dave...(inside joke), so reversing out 'fact' in some kind of 'splat' seemed appropriate for the logo.

I have been trying to find images that represent what I'm aiming for, and who I'm aiming the DVD at. My cousin has this dinosaur/dragon thing that spits slime, but I couldn't find a picture of that, so I went on the Horrible Histories website, and took 2 screen grabs of the flash animation on their home page, and recreated it (poorly) as a GIFF... ME-ONE. THE SYSTEM-NIL...



The interface will be based around the pages of a book. Here is an experiment I did using After Effects (I've never used it before), to see how I could make the pages of a book turn.



Heres a screen grab of how the main menu will look.




So yeah, thats about it for now.

No comments: