Tuesday 26 February 2008

No messin...

Over the last few weeks I have been addicted to the Shardlake books by C.J. Sansom, meaning doing anything else has been extremely difficult.

Today me and Claire made the first mock ups for the D&AD brief. We decided (somewhat grudgingly at first) to return to the idea of 'believe' and 'lie'. Heres what we have done. I'm quite pleased with them (the white spaces at the bottom are for a logo and maybe some kind of a strapline)





The 'lie' would be cut out of the bottom one, so that you could see through the letters.



Here is the identity that we came up with, its based around the asterisk (claire's idea)

I started making a typeface before christmas. It was based on the type from crumpled up supermarket receipts. I got about as far as 'r' and gave up, because I think that grunge typefaces are a bit stupid (if you want distressed type you should distress it yourself). The other day I decided that I might as well finish what I started. So anyway, here it is. If there are any first year national diploma students out there, this one is for you (I used to be all about grunge type faces in the first year of my national diploma).



I also made a really simple typeface out of squares that I used for my website (which I'm now changing). I think that this typeface could work well if I put some more work into it.



Oh yeah, good news. I got short listed for the End of Year Show Promo competition. Both of my ideas got shirt listed, meaning that out of the the 3 people that got short listed, I'm 2 of them. So yeah, I'm pretty pleased with that.

Thats about it for now.

x

No comments: