Monday 26 May 2008

Hmmm...

I'm still looking at 3D images for my own promotion. I've started trying to incorporate type into the images. Get your 3D glasses ready.




I tried making my own 3D images (as opposed to using photos). I figured out that the further to the right the magenta is offset from the cyan, the closer something appears, and the further to the right, the further away.




I tried making the words 'see things more clearly' stand out, but its not very clear...this is the idea that I want to persue because it relies on the 3D glasses to make sense, which makes the concept that much stronger.



We were also thinking of putting on some kind of 3D exhibition, where everyone would have to wear glasses through out the exhibition. I made this as a business card idea, but I want to adapt it for a poster advertising the exhibition (if we have an exhibition). I was thinking that it could be changed to Bring It Alive.



I'm also doing a brief where I have to design Panamax Paracetamol packaging for people with limited vision. Here are some early designs.




A scaled down mock-up of the the first attempt at making the information leaflet. I followed the advice in the Royal National Institute for the Blind's typography for visually impaired people. Because I attached card to the front and back, it 'snaps' open and shut, making it much easier to open and fold up again. There are a few problems that need to ironed out, but this is pretty much the final thing.

In the free graduate guide that came with the latest issue of Creative Review I found an advert for the LCAD End of Year Show.




So basically, someone has taken my design, changed it so it so it doesn't work as well (how did that big blunt pencil underline those words?) and had it printed in a national design magazine... At least I can say that I've had some of my work printed in Creative Review (can I?).

Hmmm...

x

No comments: