Thursday 16 October 2008

In the beginning I created....

...a poster for the Don't Panic competition, but didn't finish it in time, so I had to enter the first version of the poster.

Here's the finished poster. I added more illustrations to the original one, I also made a new background with wet tea bags. A paper aging technique so effective it has been known to fool historians.....



Concerning the work for the 301 briefs, I am am making some headway with the first two briefs.

I started with a brief that I wrote for myself. I want to challenge myself and get people to do something that they wouldn't normally do. I decided to create a campaign to try and get people to give £10 away to any good cause.

I have been working on a name and a logo for the campaign. I was stuck between T£N, Tenner, and Change for a Tenner.

Here are some of my initial ideas:










I have settled with T£N as the title, and change for a tenner as a strap line.


I emailed Thompson Brand Partners and asked them to send me a brief. They sent me an old brief to design the National Media Museum summer leaflet/programme.

Here's the cover of the leaflet that Josh from Thompson did, it's pretty stiff competition!



I tried to think of ways to advertise an indoor attraction in the summer. The first thing I thought of was showing how an indoor attraction was better than an outdoor one as it always rains in England. I started doing this but didn't get too far with it:



I started going in a slightly different direction. I tried to show how traditional British outdoor attractions where a lot of hassle. I used images of seagulls pooing, melting ice creams, wasps, etc to show that you are much better taking the kids to an indoor attraction.

This is as far as I have got with the cover so far:




As this is aimed mainly at parents trying to avoid extra hassle, I want to do an alternative cover that is aimed at getting children's attention, and present both the ideas to Thompson.

Thats about it for now.

X.

No comments: