Friday 29 May 2009

Government Spending

I have been trying to present the comparison of the amount of money spent on combating terrorism and the amount spent on combating climate change, in a more interesting way.

I tried making another primitive lenticular thingy. I made the ridges wider so it would be easier for me to fold.

Good and bad news; it was really easy to fold, however, it didn't really work.

Original images shown with photos of lenticular thingy:






So this didn't work. I decided to try something more hand-held (don't ask why). I had this idea where the 'bar' of a bar chart could spin around 90 degrees and change its 'height', while at the same time the title would change in a window at the bottom. Here is a mock up I attempted:

Photobucket

After seemingly hundreds of mock up (at least 5) I came up with this:

Photobucket

No comments: