Thursday 27 November 2008

Belated update

Again, I have been really lazy updating my blog...

First of all. I have stripped most of the stuff off my blog so that it can be viewed from my lovely new website. So next time you check out my blog (Mum and Dad) go to kylebibby.co.uk.

I got some IOM College Uni leaflets back from the printers not too long ago. I designed them with a plain white background because I wanted to use some really nice stock. The printer reckoned it would be too much to order in the specific Paperback stock that I wanted, but after showing them some samples they said that they had some similar house stock.

Photobucket

Anyway, upon getting some of them posted to me I realised that their house stock wasn't really that similar.... It's not too bad, it's just that the whole reason I left the background white was to show off some really nice paper, which hasn't really happened.

I managed to find a printers co-op in Leeds - Footprint - that stock Paperback stock, so I got some and reprinted the leaflet on nicer stock for the ol' portfolio.

Look out for my photo in one of the Manx papers next week (I'm a bit gutted they don't want me in my Halloween outfit, below a bit). The College is putting out an article about the Uni Leaflet

I Pinched Bing's new Lens Baby lens last night and took some photos of the leaflet (the stack is the original print, the single leaflet is my own print, though I'm not sure if you can really tell the difference in the photo.)





The week before that I got back some stickers, and I apologise how unprofessional this might sound but they were absolutely shit. I could have done it better with my £40 inkjet printer that is running out of ink, and them cropped them with my teeth. In fact I would say thats exactly how they look like they were done.

You lose some a bit, you lose some a lot.


Also, one last thing before I go again for a while. Halloween photos (taken by Bing with his Lens Baby):



LS6 BMX official pumpkin



Joe, dressed as Alan Partridge dressed as a zombie



Mole



Kyle's light artillery



Me and my new barnet



Verity



Me again



Tom, getting a new barnet


The Lads


The lessons we learned this halloween are:

beer+hair+lino=sticky mess


beer+par cour+mullet+pizza shop=bloody redneck mess in a pizza shop+crying


No comments: