Monday 3 November 2008

Illustrated type

The problem with the character idea that I mentioned in the last post is that it doesn't really express complete freedom of choice as there would have to be set characters or character assets.

I am trying another way of showing all these choices, which is a cross between my geometric(ish) type layouts that I did for LCAD Open Days (check my website, I have just given it a makeover), and 60's psychodelia.

The idea is that I spell out something like THE CHOICE IS YOURS, with a different message/donation idea in each letter. Here is a C.



This is a poster that I think was made towards the end of the psychedelic design faze by Milton Glaser, and as such is a little more subtle than a lot of 60s design.


I have decided to the font, which I think is called Milk Teeth, or Baby Teeth or something (it's not actually the same font, but it is quite similar, made by Rich from Thompson ) for two reasons - as it is subtly psychedelic, and it is easy to fill with text. Please note I'm not using it because its trendy and 'Nu-Rave', though I guess it might help the campaign by using a cool typeface.

I also found this while looking for psychedelic design. It's modern, and I'm not sure who did this but I'm really impressed by the way the type makes the features of the face

No comments: