Wednesday 26 November 2008

More Space

I have tried taking one of the planets - Jupiter - and filling it with type. I have used ten different colours of type on ten layers, thinking it would be really good to be printed on ten sheets of transparent stock. I have just used lorum ipsum for now to see how it works. If I do use this idea then it means that I'm breaking the sections of the publication down a further 10 times.

This is my first attempt. The text mimics quite closely the patterns on Jupiter:




This one is slightly more regimented - the type still over laps, but it all runs on a horizontal baseline.



And printed (poorly) in black and white on acetate:



This one is much more regimented, when the layers are over each other the words should all line up on the same baseline:



And on acetate:




I'm fairly pleased with all of them, especially the last one. I now need to try and do it with legible english information...

No comments: