Sunday 23 November 2008

Space

I am doing an ISTD brief that involves choosing a title from a list - 10 things you should know about... I chose science as this seemed like it would have some really interesting imagery, as well as typography (as a lot of scientific theory seems to be based around letters/numbers/formulas).

We then have to divide this publication into 10 sections, each of the sections has ten facts. All we need to produce is one of the sections.

I have decided to to Astronomy, for 2 reasons: there is some stunning imagery, there are nine planets (plus 1 Sun) in the Solar System (there are actually 8 planets - pluto has been reclassified as a dwarf planet, but it is still worth including).

Some inspirational space imigary:








I think it would be really cool if I could some how interporate this kind of imigery typographically. Maybe do some kind of booklet that folds out into a wall chart.


No comments: